- Bell, Robin and White, Lisa, 2020. The Geosciences Community Needs to Be More Diverse and Inclusive, https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/the-geosciences-community-needs-to-be-more-diverse-and-inclusive/ Scientific American Read it
- Ellwood, E.R., Sessa, J.A., Abraham, J.K., Budden, A.E., Douglas, N., Guralnick, R., Krimmel, E., Langen, T., Linton, D., Phillips, M., Soltis, P.S., Studer, M., White, L.D., Williams, J., Monfils, A.K., 2020. Biodiversity Science and the Twenty-First Century Workforce, BioScience, Vol. 70 No. 2. Read it
- White, L., and R. Bell (2019), Why diversity matters to AGU, Eos, 100, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019EO136457. Published on 01 December 2019. Read it
- Marshall, C.R., S. Finnegan, E.C. Clites, P.A. Holroyd, N. Bonuso, C. Cortez, E. Davis, G.P. Dietl, P.S. Druckenmiller, R.C. Eng, C. Garcia, K. Estes-Smargiassi, A. Hendy, K.A. Hollis, H. Little, E.A. Nesbitt, P. Roopnarine, L. Skibinski, J. Vendetti, & L.D. White. 2018. Quantifying the dark data in museum fossil collections as palaeontology undergoes a second digital revolution. Biology Letters, 14: 20180431 (4 pages). Read it
- White, L.D. and Holroyd, P.A. Transfer of the San Francisco State University collection to the University of California Museum of Paleontology. 2018. doi: 10.1017/jpa.2018.48 Read it
- National Research Council, Committee on Trends and Opportunities in Federal Earth Science Education (Authors: Goldstein, A. (Chair), P. Asher, S. Cozzens, C. Manduca, E. Pyle, E. Riggs, K. Turekian, and L. White.) 2013. Preparing the Next Generation of Earth Scientists: An Examination of Federal Education and Training Programs. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2013. Read it
- White, L.D. and Burrell, S., 2011. The METALS Partnership, NABBG Annual Technology Conference, September 2011. NABGG Conference Abstracts.
- Reed-Sterrett, C., Dekens, P.S., White, L.D., Aiello, I.W., 2010. Cooling upwelling regions along the California margin during the early Pliocene: evidence for a shoaling thermocline. Stratigraphy, volume 7.
- White, L.D., 2010. METALS: Minority Education through Traveling and Learning in the Sciences, NABBG Annual Technology Conference, September 2010. NABGG Conference Abstracts.
- White, L.D., 2009. Techniques and tools for effective recruitment, retention and promotion of women and minorities in the geosciences. GSA Abstracts with Programs, 2009 Annual Meeting.
- Serpa, L., White, L., and Pavlis, T, 2007. Recruiting and graduating minority geoscientists from the University of New Orleans. Journal of Geoscience Education v. 55, no. 6. pp., 560-566.
- White, L. D., 2006. Increasing interest in the geosciences at public high schools in San Francisco through the SF-ROCKS program. Eos (Transactions AGU), v. 87, no. 52, ED51A-0832.
- White, L D, Brooks, K, Chen, R., Chen, T., James, T., Gonzales, J., Schumaker, D., Williams, D., 2005. The Purisima Formation at Capitola Beach, Santa Cruz County, CA: A deeper examination of Pliocene fossils. Eos (Transactions AGU), v. 86, no. 52, ED43A-0845.
- White, L., Snow, M., Davis, J., and Serpa, L., 2005. Bringing the SF-ROCKS model beyond the San Francisco Bay Area: Building a partnership between the San Francisco State University and the University of New Orleans geoscience diversity programs. Eos (Transactions AGU), v. 86, no. 18, ED13E-03.
- White, L. D., K. Grove, D. Dempsey, O. Garcia, N. Garfield, M. La Force, R. Pestrong, J. Davis, and M.K. Snow, 2004. SF-ROCKS: Reaching Out to Communities and Kids with Science in San Francisco. GSA Today vol. 14, no.2, p. 10.