- Sigwart, J.D., Bennett, K.D., Edie, S.M., Mander, L., Okamura, B., Padian, K., Wheeler, Q., Winston, J., & Yeung, N. 2018. Measuring Biodiversity and Extinction – Present and Past. Integrative and Comparative Biology.
- Chen, C., K. Uematsu, K. Linse, J.D. Sigwart. 2017. By more ways than one: Rapid convergence in adaptations to hydrothermal vents shown by 3D anatomical reconstruction of Gigantopelta (Mollusca: Neomphalina). BMC Evolutionary Biology. 17: article 62.
- Eagling, L.E., E.C. Ashton, A.C. Jensen, J.D. Sigwart, D. Murray and D. Roberts. 2017. Spatial and temporal differences in gonad development, sex ratios and reproductive output influence the sustainability of exploited populations of the European oyster, Ostrea edulis. Aquatic Conservation. (in press)
- Geraldi, N., C. Bertollini, M.C. Emmerson, D. Roberts, J.D. Sigwart and N.E. O'Connor. 2017. Aggregations of brittle stars can provide similar ecological roles as mussel reefs. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 563: 157 - 167.
- Sigwart, J.D. 2017. Molluscs all beneath the sun, one shell, two shells, more, or none. Current Biology, 27: R702 - R719.
- Sigwart, J.D. and E. Schwabe. 2017. Anatomy of the many feeding types in polyplacophoran molluscs. Invertebrate Zoology. 14(2): 205 - 216.
- Sigwart, J.D. and L. McLean. 2017. Contribution of Caulerpa spp. to marine mollusc species richness in the megadiverse Philippines. Visaya, 5: 67 - 73.
- Sigwart, J.D., C. Chen and L. Marsh. 2017. Is mining the seabed bad for molluscs? The Nautilus, 131: 43 - 49.
- Sigwart, J.D., C. Chen. 2017. Life history, patchy distribution, and patchy taxonomy in a shallow-water invertebrate (Mollusca: Polyplacophora: Lepidopleurida). Marine Biodiversity. doi: 10.1007/s12526-017-0688-1
- Sigwart, J.D., M.D. Sutton and K.D. Bennett. 2017. How big is a genus? Towards a nomothetic systematics. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society. doi: 10.1093/zoolinnean/zlx059
- South, J., D. Welsh, A. Anton, J.D. Sigwart and J.T.A. Dick. 2017. Effects of increasing temperature to the functional response of the intertidal shanny Lipophrys pholis. Journal of Fish Biology. (in press)
- Sumner - Rooney, L.H. and J.D. Sigwart. 2017. Lazarus in the museum: resurrecting historic specimens through new technology. Invertebrate Zoology, 14(1): 73 - 84.