- Pyenson, N.D., R.B. Irmis, and J.H. Lipps. 2010. Comment on "Climate, Critters, and Cetaceans: Cenozoic Drivers of the Evolution of Modern Whales." Science, 330: 178-a.
- Pyenson, N. D., J. A. Goldbogen, and R. E. Shadwick. 2008. Understanding the evolution of lunge-feeding in Balaenopteridae by integrating biomechanics and phylogenetic comparative methods with the fossil record. Fifth Conference on Secondary Adaptation of Tetrapods to Life in Water, Kohno, N. (ed.); National Museum of Nature and Science, Tokyo, Japan. Pp. 65-66
- Domning, D. P., and N. D. Pyenson. 2008. "Snagging" Teeth and premolar homologies in Paleoparadoxiidae (Mammalia: Desmostylia). Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 28(3):923-927.
- Pyenson, N. D., and S. Sponberg. 2007. Reconstruction body size in extinct crown Cetacea using allometric scaling, phylogenetic comparative methods, and tests from the fossil record. In Warren, A. (ed), Conference on Australiasian Vertebrate Evolution, Palaeontology and Systematics 2007, Geological Society of Australia Abstracts 85:51-52.
- Pyenson, N. D., and K. R. Brudvik. 2007. Rare fossil baleen from the Purisima Formation of California: Implications for soft tissue preservation in shallow marine environments. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 27(3 Suppl.): 132A.