Doris O. and Samuel P. Welles Research Fund
Terms and Conditions for Recipients
In order to reduce paperwork and provide more funds for researchers, we've developed
some guidelines for the use of the fund, as follows:
- The award given is an "up to" award; if quoted travel rates change
or unanticipated expenses accrue, please check with us to find out
if an addendum to your original award is available.
- Funds are normally granted only for transportation and lodging,
unless we approve a special request. The expenses do not cover food.
- We cannot issue advances; all payment is by reimbursement. Mileage
reimbursement for personal cars cannot exceed the cost of a reasonable
plane ticket. For reimbursement information, please contact the UCMP main office at (510) 642-1821.
- Please make sure to check with the appropriate museum scientist
to schedule your visit.
- A list of accommodations near campus is available at the UC
Berkeley's Visitor's Guide. During the summer months, campus
housing is available. You should not need to rent a car. There are several transportation options from local airports. For San Francisco Airport (SFO), visit transportation services to learn about shuttle and BART services. The Oakland Airport (OAK) is closer and has similar options see ground transportation.
- If your visit coincides with an open date on one of our seminar
series, we would be delighted to hear about your research. Please
contact Kevin Padian
for more information.
- Please acknowledge the Doris O. and Samuel P. Welles Research Fund of the UCMP
in any publications that proceed from your work, and send Pat
Holroyd a copy for our Museum files.
Return to the Doris O. and Samuel P. Welles Research Fund page.