What Did T. rex Taste Like?
Class _______________________ Date _______________
Directions: Please answer each of the following
1. What is a cladogram?
2. Draw a cladogram with a frog, cow and horse correctly placed.
3. Please circle the answer that best completes this statement:
A "common ancestor" is:
- one that is very commonly seen in the fossil record.
- one that is shared by two or more organisms.
- one that has no distinguishing features and is therefore very "common."
4. Read the following statements then answer the question
- All organisms inherit their features from their ancestors.
- Organisms resemble their most recent ancestors more
closely than distant ancestors.
- Over time evolution occurs and new features appear.
Which of these statements are accurate?
- A and C.
- B and C.
- All of the above.
- None of the above.
5. Examine the following diagram and the statements
- Crocodiles are more closely related to squirrels than to frippities.
- Frippities share a more recent ancestor with Triceratops than with Pigeons.
- Frippities probably laid eggs.
- All of these animals share the same ancestor.
Which of the statements are accurate?
- A and C.
- B and D.
- C and D.
- A, B, C, and D.