The UCMP website was selected in May for a Sci/Tech Web Award by ScientificAmerican.com. This award recognizes the 50 sites deemed most valuable as science and technology resources. The following comment from a recent visitor confirms the value of our website to a broad audience:
Yours is a wonderful site. Your staff has done an outstanding job. For me this site is the epitome of what web access to knowledge ought to be. I learned more about paleontology in the minutes I spent at your site than in all the chapters and science classes of my years of education (or perhaps the site coalesces all the bits and pieces of education that have been acquired over my many years). This is exactly the kind of resource that adult learners still actively inquiring and trying to understand their world need.
- Thursday, September 6
- Understanding Science Kick-off event for Northern California: 59 pm at the California Academy of Sciences, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
- Tuesday, September 11
- Understanding Science Kick-off event for Southern California: 69 pm at the National History Museum of Los Angeles County, 900 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles.
- September 2427
- Evolution! A remarkable television series on your local PBS station.
Enjoy eight hours of television programming, traveling around the world to examine evolutionary science and the profound effect it has had on society and culture. Learn more about this amazing program produced by WGBH and Clear Blue Sky Productions by visiting www.pbs.org/evolution.
- Wednesday, October 13
- Join the Evolution! A KQED Open House at the Berkeley Natural History Museums 69 pm, Valley Life Sciences Building, UC Berkeley
- October 2528
- 2001: A Science Odyssey: Annual meeting of the CSTA in Palm Springs, CA
- Saturday, December 1
- Evolution: Investigating the Evidence: A teacher workshop at the Oakland Museum of California
- March 2002
- A new UCMP short course called The Story of San Francisco Bay
Return to the Front page